Airline & Aviation News Does American Airlines Have Wifi? Here’s What You Need to Know
American Airlines operates over 6,500 flights per day to nearly 350 domestic and international destinations without ever sacrificing the quality of the in-flight experience for its customers. The question, “Does American Airlines have Wifi?” has a definitive answer: YES.
In 2019, the airline was able to retrofit 700+ of its planes with high-speed Wi-Fi, and it plans to retrofit all 895 planes in the fleet eventually. Now that AA offers free wifi, passengers can use their devices to do things like watch movies, chat with friends, and shop online while in flight. Below, however, we will address additional concerns regarding American Airlines’ in-flight wifi.
Where Can I Find a List of Aa Wifi’s Service Providers?
There are three companies that provide internet connection for American Airlines flights: Gogo, Panasonic, and Viasat. Domestic and international flights have different wifi offerings. Domestic flights use Gogo or Viasat, while international flights use Panasonic.
- In addition, the airline switched service providers for different plane models in the fleet, so review the data below.
- Using American Airlines’ In-Flight Wi-Fi: A Step-by-Step Guide.
- A laptop, smartphone, or tablet can all connect to the plane’s in-flight wifi network. What follows is a description of how to link up with your gadget:
- Engage the “Airplane” setting.
- To activate Wi-Fi, head to your device’s configuration menu.
- Select “AA-Inflight” from the list of available wireless networks.
- Access “AA-Inflight” via your connected device.
- Release your browser’s tabs.
- United’s Wi-Fi Portal should automatically load in your browser, but if not, go to www.aainflight.com.
- Choose your WiFi plan, or buy one if you don’t already have one.
Does American Airlines Charge for Its Wi-Fi Service?
All American Airlines flights offer both complimentary and for-a-fee wifi to passengers. The AA app provides access to the plane’s in-flight entertainment, which you can use the plane’s free Wifi to access. More sites and apps can be accessed by purchasing a wifi plan that is offered on the aircraft you are flying on.
- There are, however, stipulations that must be met before one can purchase an AA wifi plan.
- Join American Airlines’ frequent flyer programme, AAdvantage.
- Your AAdvantage® account requires a valid email address.
- To participate, you must have a credit card on file with your AAdvantage® account and have a U.S. billing address.
- Access to AA’s Wifi at Affordable Rates
- The fee of $12 for a duration of 2 hours
- $29 for two hours
- The Total Price of Your Flight Will Only Set You Back $19
- There is a one-hour minimum charge of $12.
- The total price of the flight is only $16.
- Regularly $49.95 (one device)
- Payment of $59.95 monthly (two devices)
You can pay for your desired level of wifi access at any time, before or during your flight. Some American Airlines planes offer in-flight Wi-Fi from gate to gate, but you’ll need to buy a plan in advance if you want to take advantage of it. Internet access is provided from the airport terminal to the terminal at your final destination.
Gogo Satellite Internet Service on Board Flights with Viasat Satellite Connections
Thanks to the collaboration between the two companies, Gogo and Viasat, passengers with a Gogo wifi plan can also use it on planes that use Viasat wifi.
Visit the wifi homepage while aboard a Viasat-equipped aircraft and click the “Have a Gogo Subscription” link. To access the AA in-flight wifi with your Gogo credentials, a login screen will appear.
Tips for Spending Less on Internet Service Plans
Customers who fly frequently with AAdvantage can save both money and time by subscribing to Gogo’s monthly plan. Not only is it more cost-effective than daily plans, but you also won’t have to re-buy WiFi on every flight.
However, with the right credit cards, especially those that provide discounts on in-flight Wifi purchases, you can save even more cash.
Statement credits of up to $25 toward Wi-Fi purchases on American Airlines flights are available with the AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard.
Offers up to $50 in annual statement credits with the AAdvantage Aviator Silver World Elite Mastercard (not currently open to new applications).
AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard®- CitiBusiness® If you use your credit card to buy Wi-Fi, you’ll get a 25% statement credit.