Find My Device: What It Is and How to Use It to Find Your Phone
Remotely tracking, locking, and erasing the data from a lost or stolen phone is made simple with Find My Device. Additionally, you can view the Wi-Fi network your phone is connected to and the remaining battery life on your phone. While there are other ways to locate a lost Android phone, Find My Device is the most straightforward and is turned on by default on all Android devices.
A feature of Google Play Protect and the larger Play Services, a set of tools made to protect your phone from harmful content, is called Find My Device. Google is scanning and verifying the apps on your phone using its machine learning expertise, and even though the Verify Apps function has been available for some time, Google is making the procedure much more transparent to users. You can activate Find My Device on your phone by following these simple instructions.
Can My Phone Aid in Device Recovery?
You must first determine whether your phone is compatible with Find My Device before we can show you how to install and configure it. On devices running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich or later, Find My Device can be installed. This indicates that more than 2.5 billion active Android devices worldwide, or nearly 99% of all devices, are eligible for Find My Device installation.
On the majority of modern smartphones, Find My Device ought to be pre-installed, but it can also be manually downloaded from the Play Store. We’ll go into more detail below:
- Go to the Play Store by using the app drawer or home screen.
- Investigate Find My Device.
- By tapping the three dots next to the top search result, choose Install.
How to Use Find My Device to Start
You must use your Google account to log into Find My Device after installation. If your phone has multiple accounts, you can choose the account you want to link to the phone from a drop-down option that will appear.
- You may access Find Device from your home screen or app drawer.
- Select the Google account you want to use to access the service.
- Select the option to “Continue as.”
Read More- Is Zedge App Safe? An Answer At Last
How to Use Find My Device to See if Your Phone Can Be Found
When you sign in to Find My Device, two options—Play Sound and Enable Lock & Erase—along with a map of your current location, the manufacturer, and the model of your phone, are displayed. You can start using the Lock and Erase features by choosing the latter choice.
- Choose a device from the list at the top of the screen if you have signed into more than one phone.
- You may access Find My Device from your home screen or app drawer.
- From the list of supported devices at the top of the screen, select your phone.
- Verify whether your phone is trackable.
How to Locate Your Phone Online
You can use the Find My Device website to remotely locate your phone if you’ve lost it. Log in to the Google account that was used to activate Find My Device to get started. Within a few seconds, the service ought to be able to locate your phone. To find your smartphone, you may also type “find my phone” into the Google search bar.
- Get online and visit the Find My Device page.
- logging into your Google account
- Verify that your device can be seen.
Read More- Fetch Rewards: Things You Need to Know to Get Free Gift Cards
Using Your Phone to Ring in Find My Device
The best feature of Find My Device is how easy it is to use. Simply visit the website or log in from another phone if you need to locate your phone. After locating your device using Find My Device and signing in, you may select the Play Sound option to play a loud tone on your phone for five minutes even if the ringer is off. Press the power button on your phone to turn it off when you find it.
- To find your phone, use Find My Device.
- Selecting Play Sound is advised.
- Your gadget will start to ring. Pressing the power button will turn the sound off.
Read More- Osmose Technology Pvt. Limited: Fraud or Real? Check Here for Full Information.
Find My Device: Phone Locking Instructions
A Lock option is also available, which enables you to set a new password to unlock the phone. In addition, you can add a callback button and a message on the lock screen so that anyone who finds your phone may easily get in touch with you.
- To find your phone, use Find My Device.
- Choose Lock from the menu.
- After keying in a message and phone number to show on the lock screen, tap Lock.
Comments are closed.