How to Change Airpods Name on iPhone, Android, Mac and Windows
Because of their user-friendliness and advanced features, AirPods have quickly become the most sought-after headphones in the world. Your AirPods will be referred to as “[Your name AirPods” ]’s on any device to which you pair them. If you want to give your AirPods a more meaningful name, or just want to give them a name that sounds better to you, then keep reading!
Read on to learn how to rename your AirPods on iOS and Android devices as well as Macs and PCs. Without further ado, here is a guide on how to change the name of your AirPods.
Initial Steps: Renaming Your iPhone’s AirPods
It’s simple to rename your AirPods on an iPhone. Here are the measures you need to take to change the name of your iPhone’s AirPods.
Just pop open the top of the charging case while the AirPods are still inside, and your iPhone will automatically recognize the headphones.
- Open the iPhone’s Settings menu and select “Bluetooth.” Click on MY DEVICE to locate your synced AirPods.
- You can access additional settings for your AirPods by clicking the I icon that appears next to your name.
- Choose the “Name” menu item and give your AirPods a new moniker.
- After that is complete, press the “Done” button on your keyboard.
Two, Android’s built-in renaming tool makes it easy to change the moniker of your AirPod
- You can pair your AirPods with an Android phone, and you can even rename them right there on your Android device. A universal solution exists for the question of “how to change AirPods name on Android,” which can be applied to any Android device, regardless of manufacturer or model.
- Here are the measures to rebrand your AirPods on Android.
- Connect the AirPods to the mobile device.
- To enable Bluetooth, select Preferences > Preferences.
- Select your AirPods from the list of paired devices and then tap the gear icon.
- You can give your AirPods any name you like by selecting “Rename” from the menu for “Paired Devices.”
- To permanently commit the new name or title, click the “OK” or “Rename” button.
Subsection 3: Renaming Your Air Pods on A Mac
Read on to find out how to rename your AirPods on a Mac if you use a MacBook and are stumped as to how to do so. Changing the name of your AirPods is as simple as a few clicks and button presses. How to rename AirPods on a Mac is outlined in detail below.
- Make sure your AirPods are synced with your MacBook.
- Select “System Preferences” by clicking the Apple menu item in the upper left.
- Choose “Bluetooth” from the menu.
- To rename your AirPods, simply right-click their current name and choose the option.
Air Pods: Part 4: Renaming Your Device on A Windows Computer
If you’re using a Windows PC to listen to music with your AirPods, how do you rename the device? How to change the name of your AirPods on a Windows computer is covered here. You just need to stick to the instructions I’ve provided.
- Activate Bluetooth on the Windows PC and link the AirPods to it.
- Select “Control Panel” from the menu that appears after clicking “Start.” Then, look for “Hardware and Sound” in that panel.
Helpful Hints: AirPods Won’t Stay Synced with Your iPhone? Solution(s) Needed
There may be an issue with your iPhone’s iOS if your AirPods keep falling out of sync with it even though they connect fine to other iOS devices. You see, iOS 15 brought a lot of new features, but it also brought a lot of unexpected bugs. One such problem is the constant disconnection of AirPods.
Tenorshare ReiBoot, however, is a straightforward and user-friendly program that can help you fix this problem. Use ReiBoot to quickly and easily restore your iPhone’s factory settings and fix any issues with the latest version of iOS (15). That’s about as simple as it gets!