How to Set out of office in Outlook app on Android, iPhone, 365 & Desktop
We’ll go over the steps required to activate the out-of-office feature in Outlook here. Here you will find detailed instructions for configuring autoresponders on a variety of devices and platforms, including the Android- and iOS-based iPhone, the browser-based Office 365, and the Windows PC-based Outlook Desktop app.
How Does One Use the “Out of Office” Function?
Simply put, when you set your status to “Out of Office,” it indicates that you are not currently at your regular place of business.
The Microsoft Office app is the same way, except that you can configure an automatic response for times when you are not available.
The outlook app will immediately begin sending out these automated messages. If you get an email while you’re away from the office, set up an automated response to let people know that you won’t be able to respond until you return.
There, you’ll find a clock that allows you to choose your own return-to-work time. Those Programmed Emails will continue to send until the end of the specified time period. If you don’t specify an end date, they’ll keep replying to your messages indefinitely until you disable them.
Read More- How to watch IMDb TV for free in the UK on Amazon Prime Video
What You Need to Know About the Android Outlook App’s Out-Of-Office Function
- To let your contacts know that you’re not in the office, follow these steps in the Outlook app on your Android device:
- Step one is to launch Outlook on your Android phone or tablet.
- To access the available options, pick the hamburger menu button on the top left.
- Next, click the gear icon in the left-hand corner.
- You can select your Office 365 account from the list that appears in the “Account” section of the settings page.
- Then, after clicking Automatic replies, tap the slider to turn on the robotic responses.
- Just below that option, you’ll see two more: the first allows you to reply to everyone, and the second allows you to reply only to my company. Make the right decision by picking one.
- Now Get your auto-email formatted. During your designated time away from the office, you will receive this message.
Read More- Best Free Online Movie Streaming Sites Without Sign Up 2022
How to Use Outlook’s out Of Office Function in Office 365 Online
- Learn how to configure your out-of-office status in Outlook 365 online by reading this guide.
- Follow the link, go to Outlook.Live.Com, and sign in.
- The Gear icon can be found to the right of the question mark in the top right corner.
- To see everything in Outlook’s preferences, click that.
- Choose the Automatic replies option in the Mail menu.
- Activate the system of automatic responses, Check the box labeled Only send replies between these hours, and specify the beginning and end times.
- Automatic responses can be tailored to only be sent to people who are in your Contacts list.
- A new window will open up where you can type in the text for the auto-reply.
- Putting it away is the best option.
- iPhone App for Changing Outlook “Out of Office” Status
- If you use an iOS device and want to learn how to configure your “out of office” status in the Outlook app, read on!
- Start up the Outlook app on your iOS device by touching the home icon to the left of the Inbox text.
- Tap the cog icon to access the preferences menu.
- Pick your Outlook account; if it doesn’t show up, double-check that you’re logged into the correct Outlook account.
- Now, activate the auto-reply feature under your account settings.
- In the section labeled “Automatic replies,” you can format your message.
- To learn how to configure your out-of-office status in the desktop version of Outlook, click here.
- Instructions for activating out-of-office mode in the desktop version of Outlook can be found below.
- If you’re using a Windows computer, launch Outlook, and then select “File” from the main menu.
- Now you should see the Automatic Replies option on the right side of the page, beneath the Account Settings and above the Mailbox Settings.
- After selecting this option, select Automatic Replies from the following menu.
- Select a time range and enter the message’s specifics in the edit box to personalize your Out-of-Office message.
- When ready, select the “OK” option.
- This is how you change your “Out of Office” status in the Outlook app on Android, iPhone, Office 365, and the desktop app on your computer.
Comments are closed.